Before making the music magazine, I did researched my target audience (as shown in a previous post under music magazine research) on what they like, what they do, and other things which allowed me to pinpoint my magazine directly at them. Using the website UKtribes.com, I was able to establish that the 'tribe' I would be aiming my magazine at would be the 'Metalhead Tribe'. I used the information I collected from UKtribes.com to throw a few extras into my magazine to make it more appealing to the target market. For example: one of the tribe icons were said to be 'Metallica', so I put Metallica on the cover along with other associated bands. 'Metal Hammer' magazine was said to be among the brands they like, so I made adjustments to make it more like Metal Hammer such as big cover picture dominating the front cover and using the band names in the band names font/style.
UKtribes.com also told me what they wear which helped me for the pictures. "You’ll mainly see them wearing black, though not exclusively. A black band t-shirt and blue pair of jeans would be the typical look of a Metalhead." Using this information, I made my front cover picture have a black band t shirt, which helps target the reader since their favorite bands and idols are wearing the same as them, making them feel better towards them. I also used the brands associated for help with the pictures. It is said that they drink a lot of beer and 'Jack Daniels' so for the double page spread picture, he is wearing a t shirt that says "drink sensibly. don't spill it". This also increases customer satisfaction since the reader feels that the band/artist understands them, and shares the same opinions and thoughts.

A typical group of metalheads. band tshirt, blue jeans.
No comments:
Post a Comment