Friday, 4 February 2011

Double Page Spread production

Here is the first draft of my Double page spread. I have 2 different pictures, a large one on the first page, and a smaller one on the second page. This is so that it grabs the reader's attention at the beginning of the article, and then have a more informative 2nd page once they have got into reading it. I have decided to have the pictures in black and white because it links into the type of story, a young/modern person, joining and old band, so I have shown that with a young/modern person, in an old style of photograph. Since I have black and white photos, a black or white background won't work well since it will compromise the pictures, so I have decided to use a proper colour. I have decided to use the colour red in a relatively dark shade because red is a colour associated with Metal music, and bright red will look too bright. To help achieve a house style, I have put a gradient border at the top and bottom of the page. This is the same gradient used at the bottom of the front cover, and is the same colour as the background of the contents. I have also made it larger at the top on the first page to make it big enough to hold a title.


No comments:

Post a Comment